Youngstown Tile Retail Design Center
Retail Sales Associate Position
This position is responsible for retail sales and design in the Retail Design Center. The retail sales associate will also identify and implement improved processes and procedures for the Retail Design Center, along with increasing overall retail sales. Other responsibilities include maintaining a clean Retail Design Center, organization and tracking of samples, and supporting an extraordinary customer purchase experience.
- Greet all walk-in and on the phone customers in a warm friendly way. Exchange names and immediately offer assistance. Provide the correct information to customer on the products they are interested in. Personalize the sales experience by taking the lead in sales conversations, escorting them to displays and staying engaged through the entire retail purchase.
- Product knowledge for all materials, including but not limited to tile, setting material, and grout.
- Ask questions to understand customer’s end goal and then offer appropriate products based on needs and wants.
- Design from start to finish for customer’s project as needed.
- Ensure the Retail Design Center is maintained and stays clean at all times. Report all areas of concern to the appropriate person for resolution.
- Ensure samples and displays are stocked. Return samples to the designated area.
- Respond to customer requests and concerns in a timely and accurate manner via in person, phone calls, or emails.
- Report all low stock or out of stock items to the appropriate contact so that re-orders can be replaced.
- Use the Retail Design Center computer for all point of purchase transactions. Accept payments for purchased goods in the form of cash, check, and/or credit cards. Follow the set process for recording and filing quotes/sales for Retail Design Center customers.
- Manage returns/exchanges, according to the policy on back of Youngstown Tile Retail Design Center invoice.
- Accurately prepare selection sheet with the following information.
- Follow Retail Design Center processes and procedures for all sales.
- Interior design skills/experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel and Word in particular)
- Excellent time management skills – ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to identify areas of opportunity
- Data entry skills
- Strong customer service skills